Monday, August 9, 2010

Rapunzel's Tower




If I was a normal person (which perhaps by now you have figured out that I'm a bit cracked), I would have probably put this doll in the Goodwill or garage sale pile.  But something about her sad and forlorn little face made me want to build her a tower.  She is very close to 1:12 inch scale, so I thought maybe I could do it.  I have been researching on the internet for a long time and finally came up with the plan.  Lucky for me, according to the story it is a tower with no door and no stairs.  I will make her a lovely bedroom with the infamous window, a cushy bed, some reading materials, maybe a mirror and a brush, and I'm thinking a cat for company.  (I will probably just buy one not make one!)  Downstairs will be the kitchen with a table and hutch complete with herbs just like the one that gave her her name.  She will have to teleport herself down there since there will be no stairs, but this is fantasy, right?  Anyway, construction has begun!  The Quik-Tube has been purchased and I overcame my fear of the jig saw today by cutting out the back and the merlons on the top.  It has been primed inside and out and floor and ceiling installed.  The 2nd story floor is being a real pain, though.  Back to the drawing board for that.  I am still deciding how to finish the outside: either with egg carton blocks or with colored grout like the tutorial I just saw.  I guess I will decide when I decide.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, this dollhouse blog is AWSOME!!!!! The tower is incredible. I still don't understand what the bricks are made of. You have done a fantastic job. Everyone that views this site will be affected by doll mania. -Genia Butler

    ReplyDelete