Friday, May 6, 2011

Summer Garden

I have been wanting to make a summer vegetable garden for the dollhouse for some time.  I don't know why I get inspired and crank out several projects at once after weeks of doing nothing.  Tutorial as follows:

Get a scrap piece of wood or cardboard.  I used a 4 inch by 4 inch square that was unused from a previous dollhouse assembly.  It had a tab on it that I cut off and sanded.  Cardboard would probably be just as good.

This is my wood drawer!
I had this wooden fence that I bought with a bunch of other stuff from a garage sale. I knew I only wanted it on two sides so I hot glued it on with some little balsa wood posts in between.
I bought a couple of these packs of small aquarium plants to use for the foliage.  
So I pulled the branches off and cut some in half.  The long ones will be tomato plants and the short ones will be peppers. 
This plant looks perfect for a stalk of corn.  I glued a little raffia to the top.
 Next, I made the veggies from Sculpey clay and baked it in the oven.
Hot glue the vegetables to the leaves.  They are really starting to come together!

Here are the finished corn stalks put into place with clay just to see how they look.
Next, hot glue all the plants into place.  Corn in the back, then tomatoes, then bell peppers and hot peppers in front.  I was going to make some cabbages or something, but these turned out to be the easiest to make.




Paint on some white glue and sprinkle some dried used coffee grounds for the dirt.
Looks really cool!

 I was going to make a scarecrow, but it didn't work out this time.  The dolls need a rake, a shovel and maybe some garden hats or aprons.  More projects to come!









No comments:

Post a Comment